Thursday, October 23, 2014

Autumn Wedding

A few weeks ago, Maria, one of my best friends from high school, got married in Calgary and I was delighted to attend her beautiful wedding. I hadn't been back to Calgary since I left it 10 years ago, so it was so weird being in the city again -- a lot had changed but so much was still the exact same. And even though I hadn't seen my old classmates for a decade, it was like no time had passed at all -- it just felt like we were all back at school again! So surreal. 

Aaanyway, I knew I wanted to wear something suitably...autumnal...and this dress, with its dark floral pattern, sheer polka dot overlay, and fit and flare shape was ideal! (Thanks, Claud, for helping me find it!). As I had no idea what the weather would be like (Calgary's climate is notoriously unpredictable -- just a few weeks prior they'd had an epic snowstorm), I brought along my trusty old brocade coat, but as it turned out, I didn't even need it, as the day couldn't have been more sunny and perfect. (I did need it, however, for this little photo shoot today -- it's gotten so chilly here in Vancouver! I'm loving it ;).





Dress - Eliza J at Nordstrom
Coat - Penneys/Primark
Clutch - Aldo
Shoes - Penneys/Primark
Earrings - vintage clip-ons
Lipstick - mix of Sweet Violet (Burt's Bees) and Rebel (MAC)
Nail Polish - La Moss (Butter)

2 comments:

  1. You are one gorgeous lady: beautiful, stylish and intelligent. I love your style and your inspirational quotes you shared. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for dropping by my little humble blog and I will definitely come back check on you two.

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment, Jing! Thank you so much, and right back at ya -- you (and your blog) are beautiful :-)

      Delete