Friday, October 24, 2014

Lipstick of the Week: Rimmel Lasting Finish -- Kate Moss 08

Despite my love for bright lipsticks, there are days (quite a lot of them, in fact), when I like to sport a more neutral lip. Not exactly a nude, per se, (because that chalky, pale look can reallllly wash me out), but something that's more of an enhanced version of my natural lip colour. This Rimmel lipstick, from the Kate Moss collection, is a gorgeous rosy, mauvey,  pinky brown colour, and of all the lipsticks I own, it's high up there on the most-used list. It's just so wearable! And, unlike many other lipsticks that wear off as the day goes by, this one just improves with time. When you first put it on, it's ever so slightly glossy, but wears down to a beautiful rosy stain the longer you wear it. 

If you're a lipstick newbie who's not comfortable wearing super bright colours, I can't recommend this shade highly enough! Usually, I find there's a noticeable difference in the quality between drugstore brands and higher-end ones, but to be honest, I find the quality of Rimmel's lipsticks every bit as good as some of the pricier brands I've tried, despite the fact that they're only around $6-7. Creamy, hydrating, great pigmentation, great selection of colours...some of them are even scented! Highly, highly recommended.





1 comment:

  1. I love this color and could not wait to try the exact same one.

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete