Monday, January 19, 2015

My Personal Style (Interview with Vicky)

I recently had the honour of being interviewed on my personal style by Vicky for a school project she had. It's always nice being on the other side of an interview for a change, so I was delighted to take part. Here's what I shared :)

My personal sense of style is constantly evolving, but at the moment I'm drawn to feminine pieces,  interesting patterns, and striking colours. I wear a fair amount of neutral shades, but I love colour -- everything from pale, sugary pastels to punchy jewel tones to obnoxiously bright neons.

I would say that I've always had an interest in fashion -- in the sense that I've always had a weakness for a pretty dress -- but it was really only around 2-3 years ago, when I started my blog, that I began to pay more attention to trends. I don't slavishly follow them, but I always look forward to seeing what looks will be dominating a season. Above all, though, I try to wear things that flatter my figure -- for example, even though I appreciate how cool a mannish, oversized coat can look, I personally prefer more of a nipped-in waist.

My personal style has definitely changed over time -- a decade ago, I pretty much lived in oversized Gap hoodies, track pants, and Sketchers, while these days you'd be hard-pressed to find me in anything other than a dress or skirt.

In terms of style icons, I'm a big fan of Blair Eadie of the blog Atlantic Pacific. She has a fantastic eye for colour and pattern, and always looks immaculate. I also love Solange Knowles' style -- again, she always has fun with colour and print, and her lipstick game is on point. And I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for that other fashionista-named-Blair, with her perfectly placed headbands and daring tights. As I believe the wise Blake Lively once said, "You can watch Gossip Girl on mute and still be entertained."

How would you describe your personal style? And who are your icons? I'd love to know!



1 comment:

  1. Our personal style 10 years ago was very similar. I was a jeans & tshirt with Vans type of girl. I am glad to have evolved.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete