Monday, May 4, 2015

5 Favourite Beauty Trends for Spring/Summer 2015

What are your favourite trends for hair and makeup this season? While there were definitely some pretty out-there looks on the s/s 15 runways (um, dyed pink eyebrows anyone?!), there were thankfully some more wearable ones too. Here are five looks I'm drawn towards...

Spring/Summer 2015 Beauty Trends

1. Low Ponytails
I'm pretty boring when it comes to hair (most of the time I just wear mine down), but I love the polished yet easygoing look of a low ponytail. 

2. Hot Pink Lips
I've always loved the look of a bright pink lip (NARS' "Schiap" is one of my go-to lipsticks), and apparently this Barbie-esque style is right on trend this season.

3. Nude Nails
I'm not a big nails person (I bypassed the whole nail art thing completely), but this neutral look is one I can get behind.

4. Graphic Pastel Eyeliner
The models at Fendi actually sported strips of pastel-coloured leather on their eyes -- not exactly a look I'm willing to commit to, but I do think a swipe of mint green or powder blue liquid liner would look equally fresh.

5. Gold Hair Accessories
I love the minimalist look of a simple metallic hair accessory a la CĂ©line's gold circle clip, but even just a few well-placed gold hair slides would give the same sleek vibe.

1 comment: